Our meeting began at 7 pm on June 6th.
The watering situation was addressed and the following solutions have been implemented:
- The hose bibs in the shrubbery will be turned on during library hours for watering.
- The garden angel will keep the rain barrels full for after hour watering – this is important on the weekends especially, as the library will be closed on Sundays.
- Garden angels will also make sure the shrubbery along the side of the library and the grass in the seating area is watered.
- If you are going away on vacation please post a “PLEASE WATER” sign on your plot so that the garden angel can water your plants.
Most of our meeting focused on the “grand opening and dedication” of our garden – on Saturday, June 23, at 1 pm.
This will be attended by Encana officials, as well as our mayor, alderman and MLA.
We will be making milk jug watering cans – these can be dropped off at Lisa’s house, 103 Sinclair Cres.
These are the possible activities and the people taking responsibility for them:
- Sign painting: Jan
- Pinata: Darcy and Rob
- Bocci Balls and Badminton: Chris and Nicole
- Rock Painting: Sarah
- Jelly Bean Race: Chris and Nicole
While the formalities will start at 1 pm, the rest of the afternoon will be more informal. Feel free to bring squares, fruit etc.
A meeting has been called for Thursday, June 14th to finalize plans for this event.