Thanks to all that attended the meeting. A lot was covered. See attached for a full copy of the minutes. The major points of discussion were:
- We have 20 new requests for beds and only 3 non-renewals. Options are adding a couple of beds in the center area; re-allocating the herb and flower beds around the seating area; reducing the charity beds. No decisions made at this time
- Improving communication with members and between garden angels and bed owners during the summer. We are working on the communal e-mail list and having a notebook in the tool shed might solve these issues.
- Nicole has come up with 3 signs for the compost bins for explaining the composting procedure. Joan has compiled a list of things to not put in the compost (see attached)
- Betty Jean has stepped up and taken responsibility for the social committee. If anyone would like to get involved, please contact her.
- It was decided that there should be a meeting every month, on the fourth Tuesday, except for December, where that is Christmas day. We are tentatively scheduled for December 11th.
A list of agenda items for the next meeting will be posted shortly.